- Marantz started as an amplifier company with its famous original Audio Consolette pre-amplifier back in the 1950s, and since then it has made many classic products, from the Model 7/8 preamp/power amp all the way through to the massive Project T1 valve amplifiers of the 1990s. So it was only fitting that the amplifier in this New Reference line should be something very special – the Marantz PM-10.
- Effectively a preamplifier and a pair of monobloc power amps in a single unit, the PM-10 uses switching power amplification to deliver huge power – 200Wpc into 8ohms, and 400Wpc into 4ohms – to ensure it can drive a wide range of speakers, and instant high-current power supplies to ensure it can deliver the dynamics of even the most demanding music.
- The new reference class Integrated amplifier
- Four switching power amplifier channels in bridged mode (two per channel) for maximum grip and drive
- True Balanced Concept from input to speaker to realise ground-free signal management
- Massive power: 200Wpc per channel into 8ohms, and 400Wpc into 4ohms
- Easy driving of a wide range of speakers
- Wide-ranging dynamic ability thanks to instant high-current power supply
- Fully balanced throughout: both preamplifier and power amplifiers
- Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) in preamp stage
- Dual mono power amplifier configuration
- Separate power supplies for preamplifier and control processor, and for each power amp channel
- Discrete phono stage for moving coil and moving magnet cartridges in its own shielded case.
- High-quality construction with double-layer chassis, 5mm thick aluminium top lid, solid aluminium front, copper plated chassis and high-purity copper speakers terminals
- Double thickness copper PCB for the output section and main power supplies