- The idea for the Marantz SA-10 was simple: build the best disc player/DAC the company has ever made. And that meant going back to basics in every area, from the disc transport itself to the way the digital signals are processed, as well as ensuring the design was entirely future-proof by providing an asynchronous USB-B input for the connection of a computer.
- To play SACD, CD, DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs, the Marantz team avoided the usual route taken in players of this kind, using an ‘off-the-shelf’ DVD-ROM drive of the kind commonly found in computers. Instead, and in their quest for ultimate sound quality, they built their own: the new SACD-M3, the latest in an acclaimed range of disc mechanisms built for Marantz players, is unique to the SA-10, and can play not just CDs and SACDs, but also high-resolution audio stored on either CD or DVD recordable media.
- All-new SACD-M3 transport mechanism for CD, Super Audio CD and more
- Playback of high-resolution audio compilations on DVD-ROM
- USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM / DXD 384kHz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz
- Isolation of USB and digital inputs to remove noise from connected sources
- Innovative upsampling to DSD and filtering using unique Marantz Musical Mastering - Stream technology
- All-new custom-designed 1-bit direct Marantz Musical Mastering -Conversion from DSD to analogue
- High-quality analogue output stage with Marantz HDAMs
- Generous power supply using toroidal transformer
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with all-discrete construction