- MOBILE ADIO
- WEATHER STATIONS
- DOLBY ATMOS
- HEY SIRI
- OK GOOGLE
- HI ALEXA
- MOBILE MEDIA STATIONS
- DEDICATED NAVIGATION STATIONS
- NAVIGATION SYSTEMS
- DIGITAL MEDIA RECEIVERS
- DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER
- MONITOR SOLUTIONS
- COMPONENT SPEAKERS
- COAXIAL SPEAKERS
- PREMIUM SPEAKERS
- DEDICATED SPEAKERS
- MARINE SOLUTIONS
- HOME CINEMA
- CUSTOM INSTALL
- MINI AUDIO
- AUDIO-VIDEO CABLES
- AV ACCESSORIES
- MARINE SOLUTIONS
- MERCEDES SYSTEMS
- AUDI SYSTEMS
- BMW SYSTEMS
- FIAT/IVECO SYSTEMS
- SKODA SYSTEMS
- NAVIGATION SYSTEMS
- MOBILE MEDIA STATIONS
- DIGITAL MEDIA RECEIVERS
- MONITOR SOLUTIONS
- DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER
- FULL SPEED CABLES
- TYPE-X SPEAKERS
- TYPE-R SPEAKERS
- TYPE-S SPEAKERS
- TYPE-G SPEAKERS
- TYPE-E SPEAKERS
- ACTIVE SUBWOOFERS
- PASSIVE SUBWOOFERS
- AUDIO RESEARCH
- BANG & OLUFSEN
- DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY
- FOCAL CAR
- HUGO BOSS
- VIDEO CABLES - HDMI
- AUDIO CABLES - RCA
- AUDIO CABLES - RCA-JACK
- AUDIO CABLES - JACK
- AUDIO CABLES - XLR
- AUDIO CABLES - SUBWOOFER
- AUDIO CABLES - TOSLINK
- PRE-TERMINATED SPEAKER CABLES
- AUDIO CABLES - SPEAKER
- AUDIO CABLES - JUMPER
- SURGE PROTECTORS
- TURNTABLE ACCESORIES
- AUDIO ACCESORIES
- LIGHTNING-USB CABLES
- POLK AUDIO
- PRO-JECT AUDIO SYSTEMS
- Q ACOUSTICS
- SONUS FABER
- THOMSON AV
- WHARFEDALE PRO
- Denon Introduces First 8K-Ready AV Receivers
Denon Introduces First 8K-Ready AV Receivers
Denon is not only introducing the first 8K-ready receivers, but also celebrating the 110th anniversary of audio excellence. The company has been on the forefront of technological advancements throughout its entire existence, and the introduction of 8K is the next exciting chapter in history of excellence. 8K is an exciting update and the new X-Series AVRs offer a suite of new features that home theatre enthusiasts, music lovers and gamers can implement straight away. Getting the home theatre ready for future 8K spread out including eARC and HDR10+, and enjoying 4k/120kHz gaming with VRR, QFT, QMS and ALLM right away are the key criteria of the new line up of Denon AVRs fulfill. And all of them with the renowned and awarded Denon sound quality and ease of use.
The Standard Bearers
The new Denon X-Series AV amplifiers and receivers deliver the ultimate home theatre and take advantage of the latest HDMI technologies. With incredible picture quality and immersive audio decoding capabilities, it is easier than ever to replicate the theatre experience at home. Enjoy movies and shows with stunning picture quality thanks to a dedicated “8K” HDMI input enabling 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through, new HDR format support including HDR10+ and Dynamic HDR, and a new HDMI feature called Quick Media Switching (QMS), which allows a source to instantly switch the resolution or frame rate to eliminate screen blackout. For exceptional color, clarity and contrast the latest X-Series models still support HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and Dolby Vision, as well as 4:4:4 Pure Color subsampling and BT.2020 pass-through.
Level Up, Gamers
Several new features give gamers an edge, including razor sharp motion clarity with 4K/120Hz pass through and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) to reduce frame tearing and improve overall precision. Get a jump on the competition with Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), each designed to reduce lag and improve stats. See the enemy before they see you with stunning 8K picture quality.
The Denon X-Series can also upscale existing HD and 4K content to 8K so more people can experience the power of 8K resolution.
Stream Movies & TV With Top-of-the-Line Audio Quality
The new Denon X-Series AVRs continue to support eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), which delivers uncompressed and object-based audio from the TV to the receiver via a single HDMI cable. TVs play video directly from TV apps at best available picture quality—either 4K or 8K—while the receiver identifies the best available surround format for decoding.
With eARC and the latest HDMI connectivity up to 8K Ultra HD, the new X-Series AV receivers provide seamless connections with the latest 8K TVs, streaming devices, gaming consoles, and other source players.
Support for virtually all 3D audio formats is available with the Denon AVC-X6700H and AVC-X4700H, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X™, IMAX® Enhanced and Auro-3D® out-of-box. The AVC-X6700H will also support DTS:X Pro®, which will allow users to enjoy up to 13 channels of DTS:X decoding with speaker configurations such as 7.2.6 or 9.2.4. Listeners can also enjoy the latest in IMAX Enhanced films in 7.2.6 or 9.2.4 speaker configurations thanks to newly adopted 13.2 channel processing capabilities with external amplification. The DTS:X Pro feature will be delivered via firmware update later this year.
The AVC-X6700H supports 11 channels of amplification with 13.2 channel processing, the AVC-X4700H and the AVC-X3700H support up to 9 channels of amplification and 11.2 channel processing. The AVR-X2700H supports up to 7 channels of amplification. Auro-3D® engine is supported by the AVC-X6700H and the AVC-X4700H. IMAX Enhanced decoding is supported by both receivers as well as the AVC-X3700H.
Denon now also supports a new “Pre-Amplifier” mode for the AVC-X3700H, AVC-X4700H and AVC-X6700H, previously only found on Denon’s flagship AVC-X8500H. Pre-Amplifier mode provides a clear signal path and more tolerance in clipping levels by disconnecting internal amplifiers when the receiver is used as an AV processor and all speakers are powered by external amplifiers.
HEOS® Built-In Multiroom Music Listening
With HEOS® Built-in, the X-Series AVRs can stream music wirelessly across compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, including Spotify, Napster, Amazon Music HD, TuneIn, Deezer, SoundCloud, TIDAL, and more. Consumers can also enjoy their favourite music in any room of the home wirelessly. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room via a variety of streaming sources. Add Denon Home speakers to more rooms and control it all with the HEOS app. Apart from HEOS, Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth are also supported. Apple Music streaming is supported through AirPlay 2.
Roon Tested and Hi-Res Playback
Denon X-Series AVRs are Roon Tested certified so users can get more out of their music libraries through the advanced Roon music interface on their PCs and smart devices. Denon Roon Tested AVRs can be found and setup easily by Roon via AirPlay 2 or hardwired into a Roon Core device. Besides Hi-Res network audio streaming each receiver features a front-panel USB port that offers convenient audio playback of MP3 and high-resolution audio formats (WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz files).
Effortless Voice Control
Denon X-Series AVRs work with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri for effortless voice control. Listeners can use Amazon Alexa for a variety of commands, including switching inputs for different media players, while the Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri can be used to adjust the volume, skip to the next track, and more.
Denon Setup Assistant Does the Work
By visually guiding users through each step in the setup process, Denon’s award-winning Setup Assistant makes it easy to get X-Series AVRs started and shorten the time before enjoying the Denon audio quality significantly. Because every home theatre is unique, Denon uses premium room calibration technology from Audyssey that automatically takes precise measurements and optimizes the receiver’s performance, providing the finest 3D audio experience tailored to the acoustic properties of the space. The AVR-X2700H supports Audyssey MultEQ XT while the rest of the lineup supports Audyssey MultEQ XT32, as well as subEQ HT for independent subwoofer calibration for more balanced and controlled bass performance. The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app is available for purchase for those who want more customization options.
New Convenient Dual Speaker - Audyssey Feature
The 2020 X-Series models now support the newly adopted Dual Speaker Setup Preset function which allows users to store and instantly switch between two Speaker configurations. For example, users can store both the Audyssey calibration result straight from the receiver and a customized MultEQ curve or frequency range made through the Audyssey MultEQ editor app on the receiver simultaneously, allowing users to easily compare differences and select their preference. Listeners can also perform Audyssey measurements for two different speaker settings, including 2.0 for music listening and 5.1.4 for movie surround.
Key Differences Between Models
|New 2020 8K Models||AVR-X2700H
|Price||€729; DAB Version €749||€1199||€1699||€2799|
|Amplifier Channels||7 Channels||9 Channels||9 Channels||11 Channels|
with Preamp Outputs
|-||11.2 Channels||11.2 Channels||13.2 Channels|
|Output Power||150 W||180 W||200 W||205 W|
|8K/60 & 4K/120 HDMI
|HDMI In/Out||6 In/2 Out||7 In/3 Out||8 In/3 Out||8 In/3 Out|
|Dual Sub Out||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Phono Input||✓||✓||✓||✓||DTS:X Pro||-||-||-||✓
Via a future firmware update
|Audyssey MultEQ XT,
|✓||-||-||-||Audyssey MultEQ XT32,
LFC, Sub EQ HT
Key Features on all 2020 X-Series AVRs
Video and HDMI
- (New) 8K: See unprecedented detail with 8K passthrough and upscaling.
- (New) 4K/120Hz: Experience incredibly smooth motion clarity with 4K/120 frames-per-second pass-through.
- (New) Variable Refresh Rate (VRR): Reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
- (New) HDR10+: Make the most out of a HDR10+ compatible TV and content with HDR10+ pass-through capability.
- (New) Dynamic HDR: Optimize the performance of HDR TVs with Dynamic HDR with scene-by-scene or frame-by-frame dynamic metadata.
- (New) Quick Media Switching (QMS): More watching, less waiting. Say goodbye to blank screens using Quick Media Switching (QMS).
- (New) Quick Frame Transport (QFT): Enjoy reduced latency for smoother, tear-free entertainment experience.
- eARC support: Enhanced audio return channel supports latest lossless and 3D audio formats for audio transmission directly from the TV to the AV receiver through the connected HDMI cable.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Low latency gaming supported on Xbox One and requires supported TV.
- Incredible Color: 4:4:4 Pure Color sub sampling, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), Dynamic HDR, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support for exceptional color, clarity and contrast.
- HDCP 2.3: Supports the latest copy protection standard on all HDMI ports.
Audio and Surround Sound
- (New) DTS:X Pro: Available only on the AVC-X6700H, DTS:X Pro enables users to process up to 13 channels.
- Immersive 3D Audio: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced, and Auro 3D.
- Premium DAC: 32bit AKM DAC allowing for high-resolution audio decoding.
- Hi-Res Audio: Ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks through front panel USB or network connected devices.
Music Streaming and Smart Home
- Roon Tested: Get more out of digital music libraries with searchable, surfable information about artists and songs.
- HEOS® Built-in: Wi-Fi music streaming and multi-room audio technology with compatible components. HEOS supports free and premium Spotify, Napster, Amazon Music HD, TuneIn, Deezer, SoundCloud, TIDAL, and more.
- AirPlay 2 Built-In: Use AirPlay 2 to stream Apple music wirelessly to the AV receiver, or group with other AirPlay compatible speakers to fill the home with music.
- Effortless Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri for hands-free control of wireless music and AVR².
- Bluetooth Enabled: Stream music wirelessly and distribute to Zone 2 or HEOS enabled speakers through the free HEOS app.
- (New) Bluetooth Transmitter: Listen to audio through Bluetooth headphones late at night, or enjoy with a family member or a friend with a hearing impairment. Audio can be heard through speakers and headphones simultaneously.
Setup and Ease of Use
- Room Calibration & Optimized Room Acoustics: Boasts Audyssey’s suite of EQ calibration technologies for simple, accurate set-up and dynamic volume control.
- (New) Dual Audyssey Preset Memory: Allow users to store two Audyssey configurations and switch on the fly for more detailed listening experiences.
- Quick Selects: The front panel and remote control feature four Quick Select buttons that store preferred audio settings for each source.
- Remote apps (iOS/Android): Denon AVR remote for basic AVR’s control and setup. Audyssey MultEQ editor app available for purchase for further customization of room EQ curve.
The latest X-Series AV receivers will be available at authorized Denon retailers at the below dates. For more information on the latest additions to the Denon X-Series receivers, please visit https://www.denon.com/en-GB.
- AVR-X2700H (€729) (DAB Version €749 (September)
- AVC-X3700H (€1199) (August)
- AVC-X4700H (€1699) (July)
- AVC-X6700H (€2799) (July)
- 2020-06-04 - AVR-X2700H / AVR-X2700H DAB / AVC-X3700H / AVC-X4700H / AVC-X6700H (PDF, 210 KB - Press Release)
- 2020-06-04 - AVR-X2700H (PDF, 1008 KB - Product sheet)
- 2020-06-04 - AVR-X2700H DAB (PDF, 1011 KB - Product sheet)
- 2020-06-04 - AVC-X3700H (PDF, 1119 KB - Product sheet)
- 2020-06-04 - AVC-X4700H (PDF, 1204 KB - Product sheet)
- 2020-06-04 - AVC-X6700H (PDF, 1251 KB - Product sheet)