Q B12 GLOSS
- The Q B 12 is the first Q Acoustics subwoofer to feature a 12in driver. The big long-throw driver is powered by an ultra low-distortion 220-watt Class D amplifier for tight, powerful bass response, and features a 50mm voice coil for minimal thermal compression. Equally at home with Q Acoustics’ Concept and 3000i range of stereo and centre speakers, Q B12 is designed to be equally adept at reproducing big Hollywood action moments as it is the deep, subtle textures of bass instruments.
- 220 watts of Class D power driving a long-throw 12in drive unit sounds like a recipe for action. And that’s exactly what it is - no Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack features explosions too loud, too deep or too powerful for Q B12 to handle. But power is nothing without control, and Q B12 is just as comfortable describing the nuances of a double bass or an electronic kick-drum.
- Q B12’s sealed, ‘infinite baffle’ cabinet is cleverly braced to deliver maximum stiffness to its motor system and, as a consequence, minimum influence on those deep bass sounds. Mechanical stability = aural satisfaction.
- A reinforced MDF cabinet with a 36mm-thick baffle, a recessed and hidden terminal panel. Adjustable spiked feet with rubber caps. A choice of elegant, understated finishes. Q B12 is a simple and easy to position and set up as it is invigorating to listen to.
- Drive unit: 305mm (12in) high-excursion and stiffness paper, straight-sided cone.
- Peak Amplifier Power: 440 W
- Continuous Amplifier Power: 220 W
- Power type: Class D
- Frequency range: 28 Hz - 300 Hz
- Crossover frequency range: 70 Hz - 225 Hz
- Input impedance: 13 kΩ
- Input sensitivity: 150 mV
- Enclosure type: Infinite baffle
- Enclosure material: MDF