QED REFERENCE Stereo cable [2x XLR - 2x XLR] - 0.6m
- Professional Standard Neutrik plugs
- Neutrik XX-14 Nickel Series XLR gold plated connectors are provided as standard with Reference XLR 40 cables. These connectors are rugged and reliable and are the connector of choice for audio professionals around the world. They are particularly suited to QED's Tri-Conductor(TM) geometry due to the additional ground spring contacts which make for better shell ground continuity for the unique electrostatic screen which is only connected at the source end of the cable.
- unique Tri-conductor Technology
- QEDs unique Tri-Conductor technology uses a third Silver plated 99.999% OFC conductor which is integrally twisted alongside the similarly constructed signal pair to carry the ground return currents. This reduces signal to ground capacitance to vanishingly low levels affording the cable improved common mode rejection of mains hum pickup over ordinary "hot cold and screen" cables. This geometry is particularly effective in pro hi-fi audio applications when connecting pre and power amps using balanced cables.
- Floating ferrite jacket
- Absorbs high frequency noise signal components outside the audio band. When measured using high frequency measurement equipment, Reference Audio 40 products convey a comparably cleaner and tighter signal pattern when its special Zn/Mn ferrite jacket is present. This has a beneficial effect on audio signal micro-timing and may account for the clear preference expressed for the ferrite jacket in listening tests.
- 99.999% Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper (SPOFC) Tri-Conductors with foamed PE dielectric - for sonic purity
- QED Tri-Conductors(TM) provide a level of common mode rejection not found in ordinary "hot cold and screen" cables
- Unique floating Zn/Mn impregnated ferrite jacket -for advanced signal protection and reduction of unwanted frequency noise components
- 99.999% OFC outer shield braid for 100% electromagnetic screening
- High performance gold plated Neutrik XLR connectors with low contact resistance and high signal integrity
- QED Lifetime Guarantee